Gas main fire sparks in Ocean County
LAVALLETTE, N.J. - May 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Construction crews sparked a gas main fire Monday afternoon in Lavallette, Ocean County.
Around 1:30 p.m. a construction crew was doing work on White Avenue and Bay Boulevard when a gas main was struck and the line caught fire.
A smell of gas filled the air and a three to four foot flame shot up from the ground.
Crews turned off the gas and the fire burned itself out within a half hour.
No one was hurt.
new jersey, ocean county, gas leak, fire, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 37 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 43 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 35 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 21 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
7 min ago