Gas main fire sparks in Ocean County
LAVALLETTE, N.J. - May 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Construction crews sparked a gas main fire Monday afternoon in Lavallette, Ocean County.
Around 1:30 p.m. a construction crew was doing work on White Avenue and Bay Boulevard when a gas main was struck and the line caught fire.
A smell of gas filled the air and a three to four foot flame shot up from the ground.
Crews turned off the gas and the fire burned itself out within a half hour.
No one was hurt.
new jersey, ocean county, gas leak, fire, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings