Center City high rise evacuated due to small fire
CENTER CITY - May 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Center City high rise was evacuated due to a fire Monday night.
The fire was reported inside the 12 story apartment building at 2040 Market Street around 8:20 p.m.
The entire building was evacuated.
The small fire was quickly extinguished and residents were allowed back in after the alarm system was reset.
Battalion Chief Kevin Ewing said the fire was likely caused by "some kind of incense."
Ewing said it took a while to find the fire because it was so small.
He said the evcuations were made as a precaution in case there was a larger fire.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia, center city, fire, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos