Center City high rise evacuated due to small fire
CENTER CITY - May 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Center City high rise was evacuated due to a fire Monday night.
The fire was reported inside the 12 story apartment building at 2040 Market Street around 8:20 p.m.
The entire building was evacuated.
The small fire was quickly extinguished and residents were allowed back in after the alarm system was reset.
Battalion Chief Kevin Ewing said the fire was likely caused by "some kind of incense."
Ewing said it took a while to find the fire because it was so small.
He said the evcuations were made as a precaution in case there was a larger fire.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia, center city, fire, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ