Center City high rise evacuated due to small fire
CENTER CITY - May 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Center City high rise was evacuated due to a fire Monday night.
The fire was reported inside the 12 story apartment building at 2040 Market Street around 8:20 p.m.
The entire building was evacuated.
The small fire was quickly extinguished and residents were allowed back in after the alarm system was reset.
Battalion Chief Kevin Ewing said the fire was likely caused by "some kind of incense."
Ewing said it took a while to find the fire because it was so small.
He said the evcuations were made as a precaution in case there was a larger fire.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia, center city, fire, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 56 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 8 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76 33 min ago
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
33 min ago