25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 25-year-old man was sitting inside his car when a gunman opened fire on him in North Philadelphia late Monday night.
The shooting happened around 10:40 p.m. along the 1800 block of North Uber Street.
Police arrived to find the victim with several gunshot wounds. He was rushed to the hospital and pronounced dead.
Authorities tell Action News that the victim got out of the vehicle and tried to run for help but collapsed outside his car.
Police have made no arrests and are searching for the gunman.
The victim's name has not been released.
homeless, north philadelphia, shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
- Snow today, heavy at times
12 min ago