Retired boxer Larry Holmes wins round in Pa. parking dispute
EASTON, Pa. - May 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former heavyweight boxing champion Larry Holmes has won a legal round in a towing dispute at his eastern Pennsylvania restaurant.
Holmes sued in January, saying a neighbor was wrongfully towing cars from a shared parking lot by his restaurant in Easton, Champ's Corner. The Express-Times reports a Northampton County judge ruled the neighbor, Riverstar Properties, must stop towing vehicles until the lawsuit's outcome is resolved.
Judge Leonard Zito says the city would be harmed if a restaurant owned by one of its most prominent citizens was damaged by "indiscriminate towing." A message left for Riverstar Properties was not immediately returned Tuesday.
Holmes says the towing is hurting his business. He says he and his neighbor have a shared parking agreement.
Holmes grew up in Easton and was heavyweight champion from 1978 to 1985.
easton, pennsylvania, lawsuit, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
37 min ago
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
24 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
21 min ago