SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
BERWICK, Pa. - May 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in central Pennsylvania say a woman lost control of her sport-utility vehicle, drove along a sidewalk and crashed after her small dog got tangled up in the steering wheel.
The Press Enterprise reports the accident happened in front of a McDonald's restaurant in Berwick around 11 a.m. Monday. The crash knocked out power to much of the street.
The driver, 35-year-old Elizabeth Tomlinson, wasn't wearing a seatbelt and suffered a cut to her lip, but was otherwise unhurt.
Investigators say the crash happened after the dog, a Cockapoo, somehow got caught in the steering wheel and Tomlinson lost control. Police say the dog jumped out of the vehicle and disappeared after the crash.
accident, animals, pennsylvania, local/state
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes 26 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents 25 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living 24 min ago
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt 31 min ago
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery 27 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 19 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 17 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
21 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire...
26 min ago
- Rescuers airlift horse out of Angeles...
15 min ago