Hospital in Toms River lays off dozens
TOMS RIVER, N.J. (AP) - May 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Community Medical Center in Toms River has laid off 68 employees as it eliminated 85 positions.
The hospital blames a reduction in Medicare reimbursement under congressionally mandated automatic budget cuts and restructuring of its health care programs.
The Asbury Park Press reports president and chief executive officer Stephanie Bloom said in a statement the eliminated positions include a cross-section of management, administrative and clinical jobs.
Bloom says the affected employees can receive a severance package or apply for other jobs.
Community medical Center has 2,600 employees and is operated by Barnabas Health.
hospitals, new jersey, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm causes multiple accidents, delays at airport 34 min ago
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 40 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's wintry mix 6 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
32 min ago