2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary, police say
RADNOR, Pa. - May 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people were caught red-handed during a burglary in Radnor, Pa. on Tuesday morning, and investigators are now trying to figure out if they are linked to more crimes in that area.
Police are only calling the two "John and Jane Doe," because investigators are still trying to sort through their aliases.
Investigators the two were arrested after neighbors spotted a man and woman breaking into a home on County Line Road.
The neighbors called police, who were able to apprehend the pair.
Authorities say the alleged thieves had a pillowcase full of jewelry at the time.
Police are trying to determine if they were behind a dozen other burglaries in Radnor over the past three months.
Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agents are helping identify the suspects.
Police also say fingerprints from the two also matched those found at crime scenes in New Jersey and New York.
pennsylvania, delaware county, burglary, jewelry, local/state
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 13 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 9 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 11 min ago
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 7 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures