Shooting leaves man critically wounded in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - May 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting in Wilmington that left a man in critical condition.
It happened at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 2600 block of North Madison Street.
Police say a 21-year-old man was sitting on his step when another man walked up to him and fired several shots.
The victim, who was hit several times in the upper torso, was taken to Christiana Hospital in critical condition.
An investigation is underway.
delaware, shooting, wilmington, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 42 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014