Shooting leaves man critically wounded in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - May 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting in Wilmington that left a man in critical condition.
It happened at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 2600 block of North Madison Street.
Police say a 21-year-old man was sitting on his step when another man walked up to him and fired several shots.
The victim, who was hit several times in the upper torso, was taken to Christiana Hospital in critical condition.
An investigation is underway.
delaware, shooting, wilmington, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 15 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 24 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 11 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 9 min ago
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon 11 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!