2 charged in Stenton Ave. murder in West Oak Lane
WEST OAK LANE - June 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two men are facing murder charges in connection with a shooting death in the city's West Oak Lane section.
22-year-old Qurian Sullivan from the 3900 block of Fairmount Street and 20-year-old Onzie Tate from the 5100 block of Parkside Avenue are charged with murder and related offenses.
The shooting happened around 9:30 p.m. on May 21st along the 6900 block of Stenton Avenue near Haines Street.
Responding officers found the victim, identified as 19-year-old Markquine Pickett, suffering from a gunshot wound to his chest. Pickett was transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Investigators say Pickett was shot in the 6900 block of Stenton Avenue and ran to the corner of Stenton and Haines Street where he collapsed.
Police say robbery was the motive.
shooting, west oak lane, philadelphia, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 2 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos