Southwest Philadelphia shootings possibly connected to bar fight
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 22, 2103 (WPVI) -- Police now believe two shooting incidents that left four people injured may have stemmed from an overnight bar fight in Southwest Philadelphia.
Investigators say it all began with a large fight outside Lounge 62 around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 6100 block of Woodland Avenue.
Gunfire erupted during the fight, leaving a 49-year-old woman with a gunshot wound to the leg. One block away, a 31-year-old man was found with a gunshot wound to the stomach.
Both victims were taken to the hospital and were last reported to be in stable condition.
Then, around 4:30 a.m., police were called to the 6300 block of Greenway Avenue for a report of a shooting.
Police say two masked men approached a van and started shooting. A 44-year-old woman and a 33-year-old woman were both struck. A man in that van was injured by broken glass.
They managed to drive themselves to the hospital and are all in stable condition.
Philadelphia police are still investigating the circumstances behind the violence.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 54 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover 27 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 52 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
54 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
36 min ago