Southwest Philadelphia shootings possibly connected to bar fight
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 22, 2103 (WPVI) -- Police now believe two shooting incidents that left four people injured may have stemmed from an overnight bar fight in Southwest Philadelphia.
Investigators say it all began with a large fight outside Lounge 62 around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 6100 block of Woodland Avenue.
Gunfire erupted during the fight, leaving a 49-year-old woman with a gunshot wound to the leg. One block away, a 31-year-old man was found with a gunshot wound to the stomach.
Both victims were taken to the hospital and were last reported to be in stable condition.
Then, around 4:30 a.m., police were called to the 6300 block of Greenway Avenue for a report of a shooting.
Police say two masked men approached a van and started shooting. A 44-year-old woman and a 33-year-old woman were both struck. A man in that van was injured by broken glass.
They managed to drive themselves to the hospital and are all in stable condition.
Philadelphia police are still investigating the circumstances behind the violence.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 30 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 17 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Brisk And Cold
23 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
30 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
17 min ago