Southwest Philadelphia shootings possibly connected to bar fight
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 22, 2103 (WPVI) -- Police now believe two shooting incidents that left four people injured may have stemmed from an overnight bar fight in Southwest Philadelphia.
Investigators say it all began with a large fight outside Lounge 62 around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 6100 block of Woodland Avenue.
Gunfire erupted during the fight, leaving a 49-year-old woman with a gunshot wound to the leg. One block away, a 31-year-old man was found with a gunshot wound to the stomach.
Both victims were taken to the hospital and were last reported to be in stable condition.
Then, around 4:30 a.m., police were called to the 6300 block of Greenway Avenue for a report of a shooting.
Police say two masked men approached a van and started shooting. A 44-year-old woman and a 33-year-old woman were both struck. A man in that van was injured by broken glass.
They managed to drive themselves to the hospital and are all in stable condition.
Philadelphia police are still investigating the circumstances behind the violence.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 59 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 29 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
59 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos