Southwest Philadelphia shootings possibly connected to bar fight
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 22, 2103 (WPVI) -- Police now believe two shooting incidents that left four people injured may have stemmed from an overnight bar fight in Southwest Philadelphia.
Investigators say it all began with a large fight outside Lounge 62 around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 6100 block of Woodland Avenue.
Gunfire erupted during the fight, leaving a 49-year-old woman with a gunshot wound to the leg. One block away, a 31-year-old man was found with a gunshot wound to the stomach.
Both victims were taken to the hospital and were last reported to be in stable condition.
Then, around 4:30 a.m., police were called to the 6300 block of Greenway Avenue for a report of a shooting.
Police say two masked men approached a van and started shooting. A 44-year-old woman and a 33-year-old woman were both struck. A man in that van was injured by broken glass.
They managed to drive themselves to the hospital and are all in stable condition.
Philadelphia police are still investigating the circumstances behind the violence.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm 57 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
57 min ago