Southwest Philadelphia shootings possibly connected to bar fight
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 22, 2103 (WPVI) -- Police now believe two shooting incidents that left four people injured may have stemmed from an overnight bar fight in Southwest Philadelphia.
Investigators say it all began with a large fight outside Lounge 62 around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 6100 block of Woodland Avenue.
Gunfire erupted during the fight, leaving a 49-year-old woman with a gunshot wound to the leg. One block away, a 31-year-old man was found with a gunshot wound to the stomach.
Both victims were taken to the hospital and were last reported to be in stable condition.
Then, around 4:30 a.m., police were called to the 6300 block of Greenway Avenue for a report of a shooting.
Police say two masked men approached a van and started shooting. A 44-year-old woman and a 33-year-old woman were both struck. A man in that van was injured by broken glass.
They managed to drive themselves to the hospital and are all in stable condition.
Philadelphia police are still investigating the circumstances behind the violence.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 45 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date 28 min ago
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 31 min ago
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police