Bicyclist shoots man in face in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the person responsible for shooting a 21-year-old man in the face in Southwest Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The incident occurred around 1:00 a.m. on the 5500 block of Broomall Street.
The victim was walking along the street when he was approached by the suspect on a bicycle.
Police say the suspect then shot the man twice, striking him once under the left eye.
The victim was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. Officials say the bullet is lodged in his brain.
Police are investigating.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 12 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 3 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 14 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 33 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 29 min ago
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
7 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
14 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N....
33 min ago