Bicyclist shoots man in face in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the person responsible for shooting a 21-year-old man in the face in Southwest Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The incident occurred around 1:00 a.m. on the 5500 block of Broomall Street.
The victim was walking along the street when he was approached by the suspect on a bicycle.
Police say the suspect then shot the man twice, striking him once under the left eye.
The victim was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. Officials say the bullet is lodged in his brain.
Police are investigating.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station