Bicyclist shoots man in face in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the person responsible for shooting a 21-year-old man in the face in Southwest Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The incident occurred around 1:00 a.m. on the 5500 block of Broomall Street.
The victim was walking along the street when he was approached by the suspect on a bicycle.
Police say the suspect then shot the man twice, striking him once under the left eye.
The victim was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. Officials say the bullet is lodged in his brain.
Police are investigating.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 59 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
57 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos