Bicyclist shoots man in face in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the person responsible for shooting a 21-year-old man in the face in Southwest Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The incident occurred around 1:00 a.m. on the 5500 block of Broomall Street.
The victim was walking along the street when he was approached by the suspect on a bicycle.
Police say the suspect then shot the man twice, striking him once under the left eye.
The victim was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. Officials say the bullet is lodged in his brain.
Police are investigating.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road 57 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 38 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 47 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft 40 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Charges filed in alleged chop shop raid in N. Phila. 41 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
57 min ago
- Police question suspect in Christmas...
40 min ago