Bicyclist shoots man in face in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the person responsible for shooting a 21-year-old man in the face in Southwest Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The incident occurred around 1:00 a.m. on the 5500 block of Broomall Street.
The victim was walking along the street when he was approached by the suspect on a bicycle.
Police say the suspect then shot the man twice, striking him once under the left eye.
The victim was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. Officials say the bullet is lodged in his brain.
Police are investigating.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 48 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
48 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
51 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos