Missing Skippack student Matthew Royer found in North Carolina
SKIPPACK, Pa. - May 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned that the family of a missing college student from Skippack, Montgomery County has been reunited with their son after he was found in North Carolina.
Matthew Royer was reunited with family members Thursday at an undisclosed location.
Royer, 21, never arrived home after leaving his apartment at the University of Rhode Island for the semester on Thursday, May 16th.
Matthew's mother, Janet, began a frantic search for the missing student. She showed Action News a text message her son sent, saying he overslept and was getting a late start around 6:00 p.m. Thursday. A gas station stop in Rhode Island shows Royer left around 6:30 p.m.
Sightings of Royer's car pinned him as close as 35 miles from his parent's home.
At this point there is no word on what brought Royer to North Carolina. However, Pennsylvania State Police say they have ceased their involvement in the case.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, rhode island, missing person, local/state
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 6 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ