Missing Skippack student Matthew Royer found in North Carolina
SKIPPACK, Pa. - May 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned that the family of a missing college student from Skippack, Montgomery County has been reunited with their son after he was found in North Carolina.
Matthew Royer was reunited with family members Thursday at an undisclosed location.
Royer, 21, never arrived home after leaving his apartment at the University of Rhode Island for the semester on Thursday, May 16th.
Matthew's mother, Janet, began a frantic search for the missing student. She showed Action News a text message her son sent, saying he overslept and was getting a late start around 6:00 p.m. Thursday. A gas station stop in Rhode Island shows Royer left around 6:30 p.m.
Sightings of Royer's car pinned him as close as 35 miles from his parent's home.
At this point there is no word on what brought Royer to North Carolina. However, Pennsylvania State Police say they have ceased their involvement in the case.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, rhode island, missing person, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 45 min ago