Pa. couple face charges in stabbings over 'Idol'
YORK, Pa. (AP) - May 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A couple face charges after police in York County say they stabbed each other during an argument over which contestant should win 'American Idol.'
The York Dispatch reports 48-year-old Karen Elaine Harrelson and 57-year-old Gregory Stambaugh had been watching the show at Stambaugh's West Manchester Township home on May 15.
Police say they got into a drunken argument over which contestant - Candice Glover or Kree Harrison - should win the season's title. Investigators say one went to the kitchen, grabbed a knife and stabbed the other. The person stabbed first then grabbed the knife and stabbed the other. Investigators say each told police the other stabbed first.
Now, both are being held in York County Prison on assault charges. It wasn't immediately clear if either had an attorney.
stabbing, american idol, pennsylvania, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized 20 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)