Pa. couple face charges in stabbings over 'Idol'
YORK, Pa. (AP) - May 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A couple face charges after police in York County say they stabbed each other during an argument over which contestant should win 'American Idol.'
The York Dispatch reports 48-year-old Karen Elaine Harrelson and 57-year-old Gregory Stambaugh had been watching the show at Stambaugh's West Manchester Township home on May 15.
Police say they got into a drunken argument over which contestant - Candice Glover or Kree Harrison - should win the season's title. Investigators say one went to the kitchen, grabbed a knife and stabbed the other. The person stabbed first then grabbed the knife and stabbed the other. Investigators say each told police the other stabbed first.
Now, both are being held in York County Prison on assault charges. It wasn't immediately clear if either had an attorney.
stabbing, american idol, pennsylvania, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies