2 arrested for stealing tractor in Franklin Township
FRANKLIN TWP., N.J. - May 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Gloucester County have arrested two men in connection with a burglary to a Franklin Township barn, including the theft of a tractor.
44-year-old John DiThomas of Pittsgrove was charged with Burglary, Theft, Criminal Mischief and Conspiracy.
31-year-old Michael Ferrucci of Newfield was charged with Burglary, Theft, Criminal Mischief and Conspiracy to Commit Burglary and Theft.
On the morning of May 20th, police responded to a home on the 1000 block of Piney Hollow Road for a report of a burglary and theft to a barn.
The victim reported that a 2010 John Deere 5065E Farm Tractor valued at $48,000 was stolen from the barn.
Video surveillance was captured of a suspect driving the tractor out of the barn.
On May 22nd, Franklin Township police arrested and charged DiThomas with the crime.
Police learned a second suspect was involved, later identified as Ferucci said.
Police say the tractor was being used by DiThomas at a farm rented by Ferrucci located in Monroe Township.
DiThomas admitted to police that he drove the tractor to the property on Route 322.
DiThomas said both he and Ferrucci used the tractor to complete the job.
When DiThomas became aware that police were looking for him, police say he drove the tractor back to the home on Piney Hollow Road.
The tractor and attachment have since been recovered.
On May 23rd, Franklin Township Police arrested Ferrucci.
Both bails were set at $50,000 at 10%.
DiThomas was lodged in the Gloucester County jail and Ferrucci was released after posting bail.
theft, gloucester county, new jersey, local/state
- Photos: Pictures of Wawa car theft suspects 33 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 48 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park 31 min ago
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 28 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Sunoco moving to Delco, Citibank leaving Philly