Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - May 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an armed bank robbery in Northeast Philadelphia.
The robbery took place shortly before 4:30 p.m. at the Sovereign Bank along the 9200 block of Roosevelt Boulevard.
Police say a man armed with a handgun presented a demand note to one of the tellers.
After receiving roughly $800, the man fled the scene on foot.
The loot contained no dye pack and no bait money.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia, bank robbery, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 51 min ago
- Breezy And Mild! 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected 5 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
51 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
8 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos