Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - May 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an armed bank robbery in Northeast Philadelphia.
The robbery took place shortly before 4:30 p.m. at the Sovereign Bank along the 9200 block of Roosevelt Boulevard.
Police say a man armed with a handgun presented a demand note to one of the tellers.
After receiving roughly $800, the man fled the scene on foot.
The loot contained no dye pack and no bait money.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia, bank robbery, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show