Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - May 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an armed bank robbery in Northeast Philadelphia.
The robbery took place shortly before 4:30 p.m. at the Sovereign Bank along the 9200 block of Roosevelt Boulevard.
Police say a man armed with a handgun presented a demand note to one of the tellers.
After receiving roughly $800, the man fled the scene on foot.
The loot contained no dye pack and no bait money.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia, bank robbery, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 1 min ago
- Temps Soar 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 3 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 18 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 20 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 10 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
16 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
10 min ago