2 women plead guilty in Penn State hazing incident
BELLAFONTE, Pa. - May 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two women have pleaded guilty in the assault of a Penn State freshman during a hazing ritual.
The Centre Daily Times reports Bianca Jeanty and Felicia Ragsdale entered pleas in Centre County court on Thursday.
Both testified last week in the trial of a third student, Hanif Johnson, who was convicted on summary harassment charges.
Jeanty pleaded guilty to misdemeanor simple assault. Ragsdale pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and harassment.
All three were indefinitely expelled by Penn State; Ragsdale and Johnson were held from graduating in 2012.
A Penn State spokeswoman says Ragsdale and Johnson were permitted to graduate in the spring; Jeanty has been cleared to return to school.
Prosecutors say the victim was slapped, punched and kicked while pledging Omega Essence, a "little sisters" group.
Information from: Centre Daily Times
pennsylvania, pennsylvania state university, penn state, college, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 57 min ago