2 women plead guilty in Penn State hazing incident
BELLAFONTE, Pa. - May 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two women have pleaded guilty in the assault of a Penn State freshman during a hazing ritual.
The Centre Daily Times reports Bianca Jeanty and Felicia Ragsdale entered pleas in Centre County court on Thursday.
Both testified last week in the trial of a third student, Hanif Johnson, who was convicted on summary harassment charges.
Jeanty pleaded guilty to misdemeanor simple assault. Ragsdale pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and harassment.
All three were indefinitely expelled by Penn State; Ragsdale and Johnson were held from graduating in 2012.
A Penn State spokeswoman says Ragsdale and Johnson were permitted to graduate in the spring; Jeanty has been cleared to return to school.
Prosecutors say the victim was slapped, punched and kicked while pledging Omega Essence, a "little sisters" group.
Information from: Centre Daily Times
pennsylvania, pennsylvania state university, penn state, college, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 49 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting 38 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars