Tractor trailer hits barrier, jams traffic on Route 202 in Chester County
EAST WHITELAND TWP., Pa. - May 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A tractor trailer accident jammed traffic along Route 202 Friday afternoon, at the start of the Memorial Day weekend exodus.
It happened before 12:30 p.m. on northbound 202 near Route 29 in East Whiteland Township.
Police say a tractor trailer hit the Jersey barrier separating the northbound and southbound lanes.
The impact damaged the truck and caused 2 of the concrete barriers to fall into one of the southbound lanes.
Both northbound lanes were blocked as a tow truck moved in to haul away the big rig.
One northbound lane and one southbound lane remained blocked after that, as crews worked to clear the damaged Jersey barriers.
One person sustained minor injuries and taken to an area hospital for treatment.
There was no immediate word what caused the truck driver to lose control, or if any charges would be filed.
pennsylvania, accident, chester county, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book