Tractor trailer hits barrier, jams traffic on Route 202 in Chester County
EAST WHITELAND TWP., Pa. - May 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A tractor trailer accident jammed traffic along Route 202 Friday afternoon, at the start of the Memorial Day weekend exodus.
It happened before 12:30 p.m. on northbound 202 near Route 29 in East Whiteland Township.
Police say a tractor trailer hit the Jersey barrier separating the northbound and southbound lanes.
The impact damaged the truck and caused 2 of the concrete barriers to fall into one of the southbound lanes.
Both northbound lanes were blocked as a tow truck moved in to haul away the big rig.
One northbound lane and one southbound lane remained blocked after that, as crews worked to clear the damaged Jersey barriers.
One person sustained minor injuries and taken to an area hospital for treatment.
There was no immediate word what caused the truck driver to lose control, or if any charges would be filed.
pennsylvania, accident, chester county, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 51 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
15 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
42 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
51 min ago