Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - May 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person is dead following a crash on I-295 in Mercer County.
It happened at 2:30 p.m. Friday on northbound I-295 at Arena Drive in Hamilton Township.
New Jersey State Police say a flatbed truck carrying drywall collided with a Lexus.
Images from Chopper 6 HD over the scene showed the truck on its side and the Lexus heavily damaged.
Both were in the grassy median separating the north- and southbound sides of the interstate.
Police say one person was trapped in the wreckage.
It was not immediately clear whether the fatality occurred in the Lexus or the truck.
The two left lanes of northbound 295 were blocked and two other lanes getting by as crews worked to clear the scene.
new jersey, accident, mercer county, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 40 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 44 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident 40 min ago
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
40 min ago