Bensalem bank robbery suspect arrested in N.J.
MT. EPHRAIM, N.J. - June 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in New Jersey arrest a man suspected of robbing a bank in Bensalem, Bucks County.
Bensalem Detectives tracked 42-year old Nicholas Giorno, Jr. to a hotel in New Jersey where Mt. Ephraim Police arrested him late Tuesday night.
Bensalem Detectives say Giorno walked into the TD Bank at 2751Street Road just after 12:00 p.m. on Monday and presented a demand note. Officials say the note implied he had a gun, but he never displayed a weapon.
He fled on foot with an undetermined amount of cash.
Officials say Giorno, who lives on the 1200 block of Poquessing Creek Road in Philadelphia, is being held in New Jersey awaiting extradition to Bucks County.
He is expected to be charged with robbery and related offenses.
bank robbery, bensalem, new jersey, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 11 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 8 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 54 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
26 min ago