Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
PHILADELPHIA - May 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police arrested a man accused of firing shots in North Philadelphia Saturday morning. At least one of those shots was fired at officers.
Police responded to reports of a man carrying a loaded gun inside a home in the 900 block of West Silver Street around 1:30 a.m.
Police say he fired one shot inside the home and another shot toward police. The officers did not return fire.
The man was arrested without incident, and there were no reports of injuries.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs