Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
PHILADELPHIA - May 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police arrested a man accused of firing shots in North Philadelphia Saturday morning. At least one of those shots was fired at officers.
Police responded to reports of a man carrying a loaded gun inside a home in the 900 block of West Silver Street around 1:30 a.m.
Police say he fired one shot inside the home and another shot toward police. The officers did not return fire.
The man was arrested without incident, and there were no reports of injuries.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
58 min ago
- Art of Aging: Retirement opportunities
55 min ago