Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
PHILADELPHIA - May 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police arrested a man accused of firing shots in North Philadelphia Saturday morning. At least one of those shots was fired at officers.
Police responded to reports of a man carrying a loaded gun inside a home in the 900 block of West Silver Street around 1:30 a.m.
Police say he fired one shot inside the home and another shot toward police. The officers did not return fire.
The man was arrested without incident, and there were no reports of injuries.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
- Snow today, heavy at times
27 min ago