New Jersey man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - May 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Jersey Lottery officials say a Tinton Falls man has claimed his share of a recent $198 million Mega Millions jackpot.
Giuseppe "Joe" Garofalo chose the cash option, meaning he will receive $73,279,052 before taxes.
Garofalo says he bought $10 in tickets for the May 17 drawing, and hit the jackpot with a quick pick ticket. He purchased his tickets at the Lukoil gas station in Tinton Falls, which will receive a $30,000 bonus for selling the ticket.
Garofalo shared the jackpot with a person who bought the same ticket in Virginia. The winning numbers were 11, 15, 35, 43 and 49, with the Mega Ball number 41.
Lottery officials say Garofalo did not say whether he planned to keep working or what he planned to do with the money.
mega millions, new jersey, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 22 min ago
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball