3-alarm fire in Allentown displaces residents
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - May 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters in Allentown had their hands full overnight battling a multi-alarm blaze that spread to at least seven homes.
The fire started at a three-story residence on the 1100 block of Catasauqua Avenue just before 3:00 a.m. Sunday.
Crews called in a second alarm and then a third alarm as the fire spread down the block.
There is no word yet on what sparked the blaze. No injuries have been reported.
The Red Cross is assisting at least 20 people displaced by the fire.
pennsylvania, allentown, lehigh county, fire, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos