Suspect questioned in South Philadelphia sex assault
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - May 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have taken a suspect into questioning in connection with a reported sexual assault in South Philadelphia.
Authorities were called out to the 2200 block of West Ritner Street around 5:45 a.m. Sunday.
There they found a female victim who was transported to the hospital for treatment.
Police located the suspect a few blocks away at 23rd Street and Passyunk Avenue a short time later.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, sex assault, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 30 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
28 min ago