Man shot, suspect caught in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - May 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man is hospitalized following a shooting in West Philadelphia.
At approximately 1:59 a.m. Sunday, a 19th District officer was in the area of 62nd and Vine streets when he heard several gunshots.
The officer observed several people running down Vine Street and was directed to the 300 block of North Edgewood by an onlooker.
Once on the block he observed a 26-year-old male standing in front of a home holding his stomach.
He informed the officer that he was just shot in his stomach and back by another man..
Police officers soon located a male fitting the description of the suspecdt at 60th Street and Girard Avenue.
The victim was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 32 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos