SUV slams into gas station in Frankford
FRANKFORD - May 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- The driver of a SUV lost control of his vehicle and crashed into a gas station in Philadelphia's Frankford section Monday morning.
The accident happened around 5:30 a.m. at the Lukoil station located at the intersection of Aramingo Avenue and Tacony Street.
As a result of the crash the 25-year-old driver became trapped in the vehicle and needed to be extricated by rescuers.
He was taken to Hahnemann University Hospital where he was admitted in stable condition.
Medics say he may have suffered seizure before the crash.
frankford, philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police