Cash, electronics, food taken in North Philly home invasion
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a home invasion in North Philadelphia in which the suspects stole cash, electronics and food from the victims.
It all happened around 9:00 p.m. Sunday at a home on the 2500 block of N 5th Street.
The victim tells police she had just arrived home with her husband and mother when a gunman put his weapon to the back of her head and ordered them inside.
The suspect followed the family into the first floor front room where he told the husband and mother to get down on the floor and instructed the woman to sit in a chair.
The victim tells police a second man then entered the home and upon learning from his accomplice that no money had been found, put a gun to the woman's head and demanded she tell him where money was hidden.
The suspects ultimately made off with a laundry list of items, including $5,000 cash from the husband's income tax refund, prescription pills, a car radio amplifier, a 52" flat screen TV, a wallet containing credit cards and an ID, two ladies Michael Kors watches, a gold ring with a red stone, two Samsung Galaxy cell phones, and house keys.
The suspects also took food, drinks and supplies intended for a Memorial Day cookout the victims had planned.
The men carried all the items to a small light blue car parked outside. They then ordered the three victims into a bathroom before fleeing the scene.
Luckily, no one was injured.
The first suspect is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 23 to 24-years-old, stand 5'1" to 5'2", 140 pounds, with curly black hair, wearing beige pants and a checkered hooded light grey jacket.
The second suspect is described as a black male, approximately 23 to 24-years-old, stand 5'5" to 5'6", 160 pounds, wearing blue jeans and a navy blue hooded jacket with the hood up.
Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact police.
north philadelphia, philadelphia, home invasion, local/state
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 35 min ago
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 52 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 45 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm