Girl, 7, struck by car in Germantown
GERMANTOWN - May 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 7-year-old girl was hospitalized after being struck by a car in the city's Germantown section Monday morning.
It happened around 11:30 a.m. on the 5000 block of East Ashmead Street.
According to police, the little girl ran out into the street and was struck by a passing vehicle.
The girl was then taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center where she is listed in stable condition with a head injury. She is expected to make a full recovery.
The striking vehicle did stop at the scene and police say no charges have been filed against the driver.
germantown, philadelphia, pedestrian struck, local/state
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 44 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 7 min ago
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos