Woman's estranged husband shoots boyfriend, police say
LINWOOD, Pa. - May 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man was shot several times by his girlfriend's estranged husband in Delaware County.
Around 5:20 p.m. Monday Lower Chichester police were called out to the report of a shooting on the 300 block of White Avenue in Linwood.
Arriving officers found a man suffering from gunshot wounds to the chest.
They say numerous witnesses had disarmed and detained the alleged shooter.
Police say the suspect attempted to shoot his estranged wife when her current boyfriend tried to intervene and was shot several times.
The victim, identified as 28-year-old Justen Taylor of Delaware, was rushed to Crozer Chester Medical Center for surgery. He is expected to be okay.
The suspect, 26-year-old Michael Adams, was arrested at the scene.
Adams is charged with Simple Assault with a deadly weapon, Aggravated Assault, Recklessly Endangering another person, and related offenses.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Lower Chichester Police Department at 610-485-2760.
pennsylvania, delaware county, shooting, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 28 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 26 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 31 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more