Suspect dressed as postal worker in violent home invasion
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for a man dressed as a postal worker after a violent home invasion in Northeast Philadelphia Tuesday morning.
Investigators say the suspect knocked on the door of a home on the 2800 block of Saxton Road just after 9:00 a.m. and pretended to be from the Postal Service.
A man inside the home opened the door and that is when the suspect pulled a nail gun and a scuffle ensued. During the scuffle, police say, the resident was able to get the nail gun away from the intruder. Another man was also in the home at the time.
The suspect fled empty-handed, but the victim was injured in the scuffle.
The victim was taken to Aria Health's Torresdale Campus for treatment of lacerations to his head and was later released.
Just around the corner from the scene of this home invasion, another attack happened several days ago. The victim in that case was also handicapped. Veteran Larnell Brown, 59, had been lying in his hospital bed in his Northeast Philadelphia home on Ashton Road around midnight on May 20th when he heard a knock. Thinking it was his neighbor, he buzzed them in, but soon realized this was no friendly face. It was 5 or 6 men in black hooded sweatshirts coming through his front door.
"As of right now, we don't believe there are any similar descriptions to those jobs," said Capt. Francis Bachmeyer of the Philadelphia Police Department, "but as I said the investigation is ongoing."
The suspect is described as a black male, about 40 years old, standing 6'3", wearing a blue Postal Service shirt and pants, black shoes and black glasses.
If you have any information about this incident you are urged to contact police.
northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, home invasion, 6at4, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast 16 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 52 min ago
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Body found in Logan tire fire 19 min ago
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI 51 min ago
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction 41 min ago
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
2 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
52 min ago
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
51 min ago
- Body found in Logan tire fire
19 min ago