Swerving car led to police cruiser crash
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia police officer was hospitalized after crashing into a pole Tuesday morning.
The crash happened around 9:00 a.m. at the intersection of Frankford and Cheltenham Avenues in Northeast Philadelphia.
According to police, the officer crashed into pole while trying to avoid a car swerving in the road.
The driver of the other car kept going, apparently not seeing what had happened.
Police caught up with him. No word on any citations at this time.
The officer was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, accident, police, local/state
- Police officers narrowly escape bullets in North Philly 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
12 min ago