Swerving car led to police cruiser crash
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia police officer was hospitalized after crashing into a pole Tuesday morning.
The crash happened around 9:00 a.m. at the intersection of Frankford and Cheltenham Avenues in Northeast Philadelphia.
According to police, the officer crashed into pole while trying to avoid a car swerving in the road.
The driver of the other car kept going, apparently not seeing what had happened.
Police caught up with him. No word on any citations at this time.
The officer was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, accident, police, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station