Swerving car led to police cruiser crash
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia police officer was hospitalized after crashing into a pole Tuesday morning.
The crash happened around 9:00 a.m. at the intersection of Frankford and Cheltenham Avenues in Northeast Philadelphia.
According to police, the officer crashed into pole while trying to avoid a car swerving in the road.
The driver of the other car kept going, apparently not seeing what had happened.
Police caught up with him. No word on any citations at this time.
The officer was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, accident, police, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man