Lentil the puppy undergoes surgery to correct cleft palate
FISHTOWN - May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Lentil, the beloved French Bulldog from Fishtown with a rare medical condition, took a big step towards a normal life Tuesday.
Lentil underwent surgery at the University of Pennsylvania.
The 4-month-old pup was born with a primary and secondary cleft palate.
That makes eating very dangerous.
Lentil's foster mom, Lindsay, told his story on a Facebook page and people around the country donated money for today's surgery.
Action News is told Lentil is now awake and recovering.
philadelphia, fishtown, dogs, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst 6 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Tracking More Snow
3 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on the storm...
12 min ago
- John Rawlins reports from Cherry Hill on...
5 min ago
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst
6 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos