Lentil the puppy undergoes surgery to correct cleft palate
FISHTOWN - May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Lentil, the beloved French Bulldog from Fishtown with a rare medical condition, took a big step towards a normal life Tuesday.
Lentil underwent surgery at the University of Pennsylvania.
The 4-month-old pup was born with a primary and secondary cleft palate.
That makes eating very dangerous.
Lentil's foster mom, Lindsay, told his story on a Facebook page and people around the country donated money for today's surgery.
Action News is told Lentil is now awake and recovering.
philadelphia, fishtown, dogs, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 27 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 8 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
8 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
27 min ago