Lentil the puppy undergoes surgery to correct cleft palate
FISHTOWN - May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Lentil, the beloved French Bulldog from Fishtown with a rare medical condition, took a big step towards a normal life Tuesday.
Lentil underwent surgery at the University of Pennsylvania.
The 4-month-old pup was born with a primary and secondary cleft palate.
That makes eating very dangerous.
Lentil's foster mom, Lindsay, told his story on a Facebook page and people around the country donated money for today's surgery.
Action News is told Lentil is now awake and recovering.
philadelphia, fishtown, dogs, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 15 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 49 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack 9 min ago
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street 51 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ 15 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges 34 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 37 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
15 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on bitter cold...
26 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year';...
34 min ago