Lentil the puppy undergoes surgery to correct cleft palate
FISHTOWN - May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Lentil, the beloved French Bulldog from Fishtown with a rare medical condition, took a big step towards a normal life Tuesday.
Lentil underwent surgery at the University of Pennsylvania.
The 4-month-old pup was born with a primary and secondary cleft palate.
That makes eating very dangerous.
Lentil's foster mom, Lindsay, told his story on a Facebook page and people around the country donated money for today's surgery.
Action News is told Lentil is now awake and recovering.
philadelphia, fishtown, dogs, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases