Lentil the puppy undergoes surgery to correct cleft palate
FISHTOWN - May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Lentil, the beloved French Bulldog from Fishtown with a rare medical condition, took a big step towards a normal life Tuesday.
Lentil underwent surgery at the University of Pennsylvania.
The 4-month-old pup was born with a primary and secondary cleft palate.
That makes eating very dangerous.
Lentil's foster mom, Lindsay, told his story on a Facebook page and people around the country donated money for today's surgery.
Action News is told Lentil is now awake and recovering.
philadelphia, fishtown, dogs, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted local schools 5 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!