Bear sightings abound in southern NJ suburb
MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. (AP) - May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- At least one black bear has been prowling a southern New Jersey suburb and has become the talk of the town.
Residents reported seeing bears in various locations around Mount Laurel on Sunday and Monday. The Burlington County Times reports sightings near a daycare center and a highway interchange.
Police on Monday warned residents not to gather near the critter or try to take its picture.
Black bears have been seen in all 21 New Jersey counties, but most often they are in areas more rural than Mount Laurel.
animals, burlington county, new jersey, local/state
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 5 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 19 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 4 min ago
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 19 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 1 min ago
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
5 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos