Bear sightings abound in southern NJ suburb
MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. (AP) - May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- At least one black bear has been prowling a southern New Jersey suburb and has become the talk of the town.
Residents reported seeing bears in various locations around Mount Laurel on Sunday and Monday. The Burlington County Times reports sightings near a daycare center and a highway interchange.
Police on Monday warned residents not to gather near the critter or try to take its picture.
Black bears have been seen in all 21 New Jersey counties, but most often they are in areas more rural than Mount Laurel.
animals, burlington county, new jersey, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos