Bear sightings abound in southern NJ suburb
MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. (AP) - May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- At least one black bear has been prowling a southern New Jersey suburb and has become the talk of the town.
Residents reported seeing bears in various locations around Mount Laurel on Sunday and Monday. The Burlington County Times reports sightings near a daycare center and a highway interchange.
Police on Monday warned residents not to gather near the critter or try to take its picture.
Black bears have been seen in all 21 New Jersey counties, but most often they are in areas more rural than Mount Laurel.
animals, burlington county, new jersey, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 25 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 43 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
43 min ago