Police investigate shooting of man in New Castle
NEW CASTLE CO., Del.- May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the shooting of a 34-year-old man in New Castle, Delaware over the weekend.
The incident occurred just before 10:00 p.m. Saturday on the 400 block of Robinson Drive in the Dunlieth community.
Police responded to a report of gunfire and arrived to find several casings in the area and a vehicle that had been damaged as a result of the shooting.
A short time later, police were told that a man arrived at Wilmington hospital suffering from a gunshot wound and had been on Robinson Street with some friends.
According to police, the victim had been struck and taken in a private vehicle to the hospital.
So far, no arrests have been made and investigators are conducting interviews and trying to determine a motive.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the New Castle County Police Department.
shooting, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 1 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 37 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
1 min ago