Police investigate shooting of man in New Castle
NEW CASTLE CO., Del.- May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the shooting of a 34-year-old man in New Castle, Delaware over the weekend.
The incident occurred just before 10:00 p.m. Saturday on the 400 block of Robinson Drive in the Dunlieth community.
Police responded to a report of gunfire and arrived to find several casings in the area and a vehicle that had been damaged as a result of the shooting.
A short time later, police were told that a man arrived at Wilmington hospital suffering from a gunshot wound and had been on Robinson Street with some friends.
According to police, the victim had been struck and taken in a private vehicle to the hospital.
So far, no arrests have been made and investigators are conducting interviews and trying to determine a motive.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the New Castle County Police Department.
shooting, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 43 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
15 min ago