Police investigate shooting of man in New Castle
NEW CASTLE CO., Del.- May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the shooting of a 34-year-old man in New Castle, Delaware over the weekend.
The incident occurred just before 10:00 p.m. Saturday on the 400 block of Robinson Drive in the Dunlieth community.
Police responded to a report of gunfire and arrived to find several casings in the area and a vehicle that had been damaged as a result of the shooting.
A short time later, police were told that a man arrived at Wilmington hospital suffering from a gunshot wound and had been on Robinson Street with some friends.
According to police, the victim had been struck and taken in a private vehicle to the hospital.
So far, no arrests have been made and investigators are conducting interviews and trying to determine a motive.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the New Castle County Police Department.
shooting, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos