Murdered Skippack teen remembered by classmates
SKIPPACK, Pa. - May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- The investigation continues into the deadly stabbing of a 17-year-old girl over the weekend in Skippack, Montgomery County.
Tuesday should have been the first day back to school after a long weekend for Julianne Siller, with graduation looming for the Spring-Ford senior. Instead grief counselors were on hand for students processing the news of Siller's violent stabbing death over the weekend.
"Nobody really talked much today. It was sad. There were flowers at her locker and a picture that said 'Rest in peace, angel,'" senior Ashlee Hutchins said.
Siller was remembered today on Facebook and outside the high school as an upbeat, sweet person.
Recent graduate Mary Mruskovic of Royersford knew Siller for years.
"Everyone loved her; she was the best person. She was a joy. She knew everyone, friends with everyone," Mruskovic said.
Mruskovic said her fondest memory of Siller was of her dancing around their preschool classroom.
Siller's 16-year-old boyfriend Tristan Stahley of Skippack has been charged in the stabbing death. He is facing a charge of murder.
Police say Stahley stabbed Siller in the throat and body multiple times Saturday night while the couple walked along a trail adjacent to Skippack's Palmer Park.
Court records say there had been an argument concerning Stahley's smashed cell phone and Siller's "going out."
Stahley returned home and, while crying hysterically, allegedly confessed to his mother he had stabbed Siller, adding he did not want to go to jail, but wanted to kill himself.
Stahley remains in prison without bail.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, stabbing, local/state, john rawlins
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 20 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 26 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 4 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
26 min ago
- 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
45 min ago