1 dead, 1 injured in North Philadelphia shooting
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a double shooting in North Philadelphia that left a man dead and a teenager hospitalized.
The shooting happened shortly after 8:00 p.m. Wednesday along the 1700 block of West Cumberland Street.
Police say someone opened fire striking a 30-year-old man twice in the head and once in the back.
Officers rushed the victim to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A 19-year-old male suffered a gunshot wound to the left leg.
He was transported to Temple in stable condition.
No arrests have been made.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 10 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 33 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney 45 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 59 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
45 min ago