Driver killed in I-95 wrong way crash in Christiana
CHRISTIANA, Del. - May 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a 2-car crash on I-95 North in Christiana, Delaware Thursday morning.
The accident occurred around 7:30 a.m. just north of Churchman's Road.
Delaware State Police say a man in a red Honda was traveling southbound on I-95 when his vehicle struck another southbound vehicle before crossing over into the northbound lanes.
The 65-year-old driver then began traveling south in the northbound lanes, striking two more vehicles before being T-boned by a third northbound vehicle.
The driver of the Honda, identified as James A. Green of Wilmington, was killed and two others were injured.
The northbound lanes were closed off for a time while crews worked to clear the scene and State Police conducted their investigation.
So far, no word on the identity of those involved.
accident, delaware, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos