Driver killed in I-95 wrong way crash in Christiana
CHRISTIANA, Del. - May 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a 2-car crash on I-95 North in Christiana, Delaware Thursday morning.
The accident occurred around 7:30 a.m. just north of Churchman's Road.
Delaware State Police say a man in a red Honda was traveling southbound on I-95 when his vehicle struck another southbound vehicle before crossing over into the northbound lanes.
The 65-year-old driver then began traveling south in the northbound lanes, striking two more vehicles before being T-boned by a third northbound vehicle.
The driver of the Honda, identified as James A. Green of Wilmington, was killed and two others were injured.
The northbound lanes were closed off for a time while crews worked to clear the scene and State Police conducted their investigation.
So far, no word on the identity of those involved.
accident, delaware, local/state
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 38 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 5 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
5 min ago