Teen may have been shot by cousin playing with gun, police say
KENSINGTON - May 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police arrested a juvenile in Kensington who may have accidentally shot his cousin while playing with a gun.
The shooting occurred shortly before 6:30 p.m. Thursday along the 2000 block of East Birch Street.
Upon arrival, officers discovered an 18-year-old man down inside a home with a gunshot wound to the stomach.
Medics responded and rushed the victim to Temple University Hospital for care.
He is expected to survive.
Officers arrested the younger teen about a block away in the 1900 block of East Birch.
philadelphia, kensington, shooting, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Lots of sun, chilly today 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in Bordentown, N.J.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos