Teen may have been shot by cousin playing with gun, police say
KENSINGTON - May 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police arrested a juvenile in Kensington who may have accidentally shot his cousin while playing with a gun.
The shooting occurred shortly before 6:30 p.m. Thursday along the 2000 block of East Birch Street.
Upon arrival, officers discovered an 18-year-old man down inside a home with a gunshot wound to the stomach.
Medics responded and rushed the victim to Temple University Hospital for care.
He is expected to survive.
Officers arrested the younger teen about a block away in the 1900 block of East Birch.
philadelphia, kensington, shooting, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 8 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 33 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 25 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 52 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ