2 firefighters, child, man hurt in house fire in Logan
LOGAN - May 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say two firefighters, a child and a man were hurt in a house fire in the city's Logan section early Friday morning.
The blaze broke out around 3:30 a.m. along the 5200 block of North Sydenham Street.
Fire crews arrived to heavy flames showing on the first floor of the house.
It took about 25 minutes to place the fire under control.
One firefighter injured his arm, while another firefighter, a 9-year-old child and a man in his 40s suffered from smoke inhalation, officials say.
None of the injuries are believed to be life threatening.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
fire, logan, philadelphia, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 16 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire 59 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 29 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
16 min ago