39-year-old man shot 5 times near Southwest Philadelphia church
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 39-year-old man was shot five times in Southwest Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The shooting occurred around 3:30 a.m. at the intersection of 66th and Woodland Avenue near the United Church of Jesus Christ.
The victim was struck in the shoulder, arms and buttocks, officials say.
He was rushed to the hospital and is listed in critical condition.
So far, no charges have been filed but police are interviewing suspects.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 21 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 10 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 23 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 15 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
23 min ago