Suspects sought in string of commercial robberies in Phila.
PHILADELPHIA - May 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking to identify the suspects behind a string of commercial robberies dating back to April 29th.
In several cases, it appears investigators may be looking for the same men.
There have been six armed robberies, including two on May 24th.
The robbers struck at businesses in Strawberry Mansion, Wynnefield, Northeast Philadelphia, Holmesburg, and Southwest Philadelphia. Their targets include dollar stores, a pizza shop, and maybe 7-Elevens.
In four of the incidents there are two men. At the Foreman Mills raid on May 24th the pair brought along two recruits, and the quartet moved with discipline and speed.
Police think the ring leader is a man cuaght on surveillance wearing a olive colored jacket, standing approximately 5'6".
The other constant is a tall, thin man, standing 6'1" or 6'2" and is usually dressed in black and wielding a very intimidating long barrel revolver, which he used to shoot a security guard.
If you have any information about the identity or whereabouts of the suspects you are urged to contact police. To submit a tip by telephone, dial 215-686-8477, or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, wynnefield, strawberry mansion, holmesburg, robbery, local/state
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby 3 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 16 min ago
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge 1 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire 27 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting