Suspects sought in string of commercial robberies in Phila.
PHILADELPHIA - May 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking to identify the suspects behind a string of commercial robberies dating back to April 29th.
In several cases, it appears investigators may be looking for the same men.
There have been six armed robberies, including two on May 24th.
The robbers struck at businesses in Strawberry Mansion, Wynnefield, Northeast Philadelphia, Holmesburg, and Southwest Philadelphia. Their targets include dollar stores, a pizza shop, and maybe 7-Elevens.
In four of the incidents there are two men. At the Foreman Mills raid on May 24th the pair brought along two recruits, and the quartet moved with discipline and speed.
Police think the ring leader is a man cuaght on surveillance wearing a olive colored jacket, standing approximately 5'6".
The other constant is a tall, thin man, standing 6'1" or 6'2" and is usually dressed in black and wielding a very intimidating long barrel revolver, which he used to shoot a security guard.
If you have any information about the identity or whereabouts of the suspects you are urged to contact police. To submit a tip by telephone, dial 215-686-8477, or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, wynnefield, strawberry mansion, holmesburg, robbery, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 25 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 21 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
25 min ago