Pennsylvania woman sentenced for biting boyfriend's ear
YORK, Pa. - May 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania woman may soon be released from prison after being sentenced for biting off a piece of her then-boyfriend's ear.
The York Dispatch reported Friday that 32-year-old Leskeisha Mitchell's 9- to 18-month term amounts to a time-served sentence, because she's been in the county prison since June.
Mitchell pleaded guilty earlier this month to simple assault. Prosecutors dropped charges of aggravated assault and reckless endangerment.
Authorities say she attacked her live-in boyfriend last summer, after he called her a derogatory term during an argument in their home.
Police say she put the ear part in the freezer, but doctors opted not to reattach it.
A prosecutor tells the paper the couple is no longer together.
Information from: The York Dispatch, http://www.yorkdispatch.com
pennsylvania, assault, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 51 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 44 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 50 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 48 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
43 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
51 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos