Chester woman charged with straw purchase of 2 guns
CHESTER, Pa. - May 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman from Chester was arrested for allegedly buying weapons for a convicted felon.
22-year-old Staci Dawson is charged with the straw purchase of two handguns.
Investigators were tipped off when Dawson returned one of the guns to a sporting goods store back in March.
It is believed she bought the guns for her boyfriend who was in prison.
If convicted, Dawson faces at least five years in jail.
delaware county, pennsylvania, chester, guns, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Hit and Run driver leaves victim on Roxborough street 17 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 47 min ago
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
57 min ago