Former police officer charged with stealing from fellow officers in Berks County
READING, Pa. - May 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former Berks County police officer is under arrest, accused of stealing from his fellow officers at the Fraternal Order of Police.
John Masciotti served as treasurer for F.O.P. Lodge 71 in Temple.
He's accused of bilking the organization out of $92,000.
F.O.P. president Joe Brown released the following statement:
"It's difficult to see one of our own be arrested for breaking the very laws that we have sworn to uphold. That being said, we fully support the actions of the District Attorney. It doesn't matter if you're a police officer or citizen, if you break the law, you should be prosecuted and justice should be served."
pennsylvania, police, berks county, local/state
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting