Girl, 6, struck by car in Somerton
SOMERTON - May 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 6-year-old Philadelphia girl is in the hospital after being struck by a car.
The accident happened at 6:00 p.m. Friday in the Somerton section, at Byberry Road and DePue Avenue.
Police say the little girl darted into traffic and was struck.
She suffered severe injuries to one of her legs and was rushed to Aria Health/Torresdale for treatment.
The driver stayed at the scene.
philadelphia, children, accident, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 25 min ago
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
4 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos