Man critically injured in Mantua shooting
PHILADELPHIA - June 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police arrest an 18-year-old man and recovered a handgun he allegedly used to shoot a man five times in the stomach Friday night.
It all happened at 32nd and Mount Vernon just before 9:00 p.m.
The suspect fled on foot, but police caught up with him a short time later.
The victim was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he is listed in critical condition.
The shooting remains under investigation.
shooting, mantua, philadelphia, local/state
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 34 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Woman's body found in Berks County 28 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 4 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser