Man critically injured in Mantua shooting
PHILADELPHIA - June 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police arrest an 18-year-old man and recovered a handgun he allegedly used to shoot a man five times in the stomach Friday night.
It all happened at 32nd and Mount Vernon just before 9:00 p.m.
The suspect fled on foot, but police caught up with him a short time later.
The victim was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he is listed in critical condition.
The shooting remains under investigation.
shooting, mantua, philadelphia, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Winter Warm Up 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 39 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 34 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 41 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 1 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Winter Warm Up
6 min ago
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
15 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
39 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
33 min ago